Thursday, June 19, 2008

Old friends

So I am registered on facebook.. It's been great cause it's put me in touch with friends from high school. Yesterday I had a nice surprise, one of my good friends from elementary with whom I lost touch years ago added me to her facebook.

It was so much fun to email each other yesterday and catch up on what's been happening in our lives. I was very leery of putting myself on facebook, we hear in the news of stalkers, identity theft etc. I have found Facebook to be a wonderful tool to keep up with old friends lives.

In today's society we are always rushed, people move away from their hometown alot more than they used to. I find these sites to be a small blessing, I never would have gone looking for anyone from school through the phone book and what not it's almost as if they are right there and easy for you to find in a crowd.

No comments: