Friday, June 13, 2008

Frustrated

Yesterday I had another appointment at the fertility clinic.. This one was to see if the follicles had reached the size necessary for the insemination.

The appointments are usually quick but there is the one doctor that drives me nuts, she's always wandering around the hospital and making people wait. So after waiting for 30 min for her she tells me that I have 1 follicle measuring 16mm, they want follicles to be 18mm before inducing ovulation and then inseminating. My other ones were only 14mm and 12mm. So she suggests I come back on Friday for another ultrasound for records sake cause no matter what we are doing the procedure on Saturday. So as angry as I was told her no thank you wasn't coming and missing more work. So I walk out of there angry boy was I looking for a fight and crying to boot.

Why so frustrated?? Well this is our 4th attempt and probably final of the IUI treatments then they will want to do IVF. Our first time I only had 1 follicle no success, the second I had WAY too many they didn't want to proceed, third time I had five still no success. All I was thinking about was if 5 didn't work how the hell is one going to succeed..

Today I am in a better place not as frustrated and despairing.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

That's so frustrating! You'd think fertility docs would have a clue about how frazzled the desperate-yet-unpregnant can be.

I hope this cycle works for you hun =)