Thursday, August 28, 2008

Baby Names

When I was younger ( in my 20's ) I knew what I wanted to name my daughter and son if I ever had one, little did I factor in the wishes of the potential father at the time. Now we come to the fact that I am pregnant and that my husband does have a say in what we name the baby. Pfft who gave them the right to have a say ( just joking darling).

Finding a name is not as easy as one might think! We are leaning towards a Celtic name, both of us have Scottish backgrounds ( my grandfather was born in Aberdeen ). I am drawn to that part of my heritage more so than the french part of me. I also don't want a common name. One that when "she" ( watch the baby be a boy ) goes to school there will be 3 others with the same name. My husband likes girls names that start with a K he claims all his favorite names start with a K. So that really limits us, I have thrown some names at him but he dismisses them all. I really like Moira and Siobhan, but he doesn't. You also when picking a name have to figure on how well it will flow with your last name. So if anyone has some ideas feel free to throw them out there for us. Any help would be appreciated .

1 comment:

Leedra said...

It was nice not having anybody else in my class with the same name. I still have never met anybody with the same name. Although now when doing a google search on just my first name I find there are at least some out there. When we came up with Wendy, we did not realize how common it was going to be.