Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Dirty Secret

OK here's my dirty secret I can 100% say that I am addicted to WoW. What is WoW you ask? It's an acronym for World of Warcraft. What is World of Warcraft you ask, well it's the best game ever! Actually to be honest the only real game I have ever played. I think my husband will agree with me that I am addicted to this game.

I started playing to see what was keeping him up all night. I don't think he ever expected me to get very far in the game. I literally fell in love with just about everything in the game. I can't stop playing or creating new characters. I'll tell you honestly what keeps me playing, it's the people I have met in game. Not literally met but these people I talk to every day, some come from as far away as Sweden and Japan and some well almost next door. So many different personalities all gathered together to share hours of gaming fun and sometimes frustration. If I get a chance later I will post a picture of my toon.. She is the other me.

My husband and I choose to play this game over getting cable t.v. However just recently I had to make him a promise to cut back playing. This game was consuming all my time when I wasn't working. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I quit the game altogether.. but I just can't see myself doing that so for now.. Darling you'll just have to play WoW a littl while longer ;)

15 comments:

Wendy said...

And some people you still talk to even after they quit... =)

Trilyn said...

I'm hoping you'll come back

Wendy said...

Pfft. In what free time? Script, novel(s), blogging, new shows I watch, my grand exercise plan...world of what?

Unknown said...

If you're watching new shows, you can't be all that attached to them yet.

Wendy said...

They're new to me! House, NCIS (sorta new to me), and the Buffy and Angel box sets are big ones. Of course there is my Bones obsession but I've seen all of those shows multiple times each...If I make it more than a couple episodes in I'm hooked.

Unknown said...

That was my point... they are new to you, therefore you aren't obsessed yet, therefore you can easily give them up, and therefore you'll have more free time.

Let me know when you want more life-altering advice !

Jason said...

She's just traded in one addiction for another.....

Wendy said...

I never denied that. But actually it's wow traded for two addictions: writing and watching things other people wrote. Wait...is that one?

Hey, why don't you two ever comment on my blog?!

Jason said...

Well, I've never watched Bones, so that kinda narrows the playing field for me over there. Toss up some BSG or Lost or WoW goodies and I'll bite the hook.

btw, this word verification dealio sucks! Is there a way around it?

Unknown said...

"Hey, why don't you two ever comment on my blog?!"

You have a blog?

Jason said...

She has 2! You know she never does anything halfway!

Wendy said...

Hah, you know it!

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason said...

The owners here should do you a solid and slap a link to your blogs up on the main page. (hint) (hint)

p.s. Why can't you edit your comments after they have been posted??

Trilyn said...

Evi's blogs are now on my page :)