Friday, May 23, 2008

Creative or no ?

You know I figured out this morning that this could get addictive..Maybe that's not such a bad thing, my husband says I am a lazy writer, I forget my punctuation all the time! Last night I think I had a dozen different topics going on in my mind, I should have written them down.

When I was younger I wanted to write a book, I had ideas but was way too lazy to do anything about it. Maybe this will lead me towards a different path. I am not what the definition of creative is, I do however seem to be able to look at a room and imagine the colours and layout. I can say to my husband that's going to fit there, he'll argue of course but in the end I am right, just don't ask me to draw for you what I am imagining my creativity ends with visualization. I never took art classes or really any music classes, I speak two languages fluently however one dominates, so much so that in grade 7 I failed english and had to take extra courses so art classes in school became non existent for me. Would they have helped me be more creative? Just because I can't draw, sing or play a musical instrument does this make me less creative than everyone else?

2 comments:

Jason said...

I'm about as creative as a rock. I can't draw a straight line, I have absolutely zero musical talent, and I've never been inclined to do any creative writing. I've never even taken a foreign language class. I'm about as "left brained" as they come.

LH_Schneider said...

Hi. I'm a friend of your friend evi. What we both have in common is that we've never met her but she's worth getting to know. I am going to say that creativity is nothing more than finding the medium by which you express the most of yourself. By that definition and from what I have read of your blog, already, you are a creative person.

I have too many "talents" and no discipline. I compose music, feebly play a few instruments, paint, sculpt, draw, and design. I write software, poetry, and prose and make guitars and violins among the most recognized of my "gifts." The point is that if I focused on one and followed my own definition I would be a far more creative person. I am starting to concentrate on just that so if you click on my name link you are invited to visit my pursuit of creativity.

Your blog is so warm and you capture a lot of heart and soul in far fewer sentences than I.